Wickham House offers an exciting variety of spaces, allowing you to create an imaginative and diverse experience that will offer you and your guests an unforgettable occasion. The wedding breakfast and dancing will be held in a bespoke marquee sited in the large pasture in front of the house. Drinks beforehand can either be in or around that same marquee or around the fountain on our main front terrace, or in the stunning Walled Garden, or in the two principal reception rooms in the Main House.
Wickham House can perfectly accommodate both religious and civil ceremonies. The charming church is directly adjacent to the marquee site, facilitating total privacy and removing any issue of transporting guests between the two elements of your wedding. If you wish to be married in a civil ceremony, our beautiful Barn seats up to 125 theatre-style. Alternatively, if the weather is likely to be kind, outside ceremonies can be held in the Walled Garden, under a permanent pagoda shaped structure, which gives onto a sunken lawn where up to 200 guests can be comfortably seated and which can be covered by a simple side-less marquee if the weather looks iffy. Obviously this combines well with a drinks reception in the Walled Garden immediately afterwards.
We will never host more than one event a fortnight, ensuring you have the space, time and privacy to make your event highly personalized and unique.
Our venue hire for a Premium Wedding (June – August) price starts at £5,635 (inc VAT) which includes:
- Use of the Marquee Site and the car park, the Walled Garden or Barn for your ceremony, the use of the Walled Garden or front terrace for your reception drinks and the use of the Barn during the day of your wedding as a chill out zone or for grandparents to relax on the evening of your wedding.
- Cost of the marquee, which can vary hugely based on your choice of supplier and design. The use of the Barn for your rehearsal dinner is an optional extra.
Low Season Starts at £2,255
Mid Season Starts at £3,610
High Season Starts at £4,510
We provide any/all of the following:
- Dry-hire of the various elements of the property via a wedding or events planner. Max 400 guests.
- Access to the Marquee Site (and other parts of the venue) for setting up/clearing purposes for two days prior and one day post event (additional days available at additional cost)
- Use of the Barn for private family dinner on the eve of the wedding or the rehearsal dinner (<24), for civil ceremonies (<125) and bridal changing and as a chill-out space on the day
- Use of the Walled Garden for photographs, outdoor ceremonies (<200) and pre-reception drinks (<150)
- Use of the Main House for pre-reception drinks (< 100), photographs and bridal changing
- Use of the Front terrace of Main House for pre-reception drinks (<250)
- Parking for up to 250 vehicles
Country House Wedding Venue Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire
Marquee Site Wedding Venue Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire